Wednesday, February 14, 2007

$%^&*# SNOW!

UNCLE, UNCLE! Enough already! Snow and I have never gotten along well; I can tolerate the super cold temperatures, but just can't deal with the never-ending snow. It's only been snowing for about 30 hours this time...but I made the mistake at looking at the long-range forecast...snow is in every single day of the 10-day forecast! EVERY SINGLE DAY! Uggghhh

I made it to work this morning. And, more importantly, Billy made it home from work last night at midnight. We are all plowed and shoveled out. Our neighbors are great, going from house to house helping move the big snow piles back and plowing out those who can't do so for themselves. Bill, his brother and three other neighbor guys are out with their plowing equipment doing this. Oreo just loves to go "plowing"...she gets the "shotgun" seat with the window all the way down so she can stick her head out to eat the snow!


Here's a direct shot of the steps going up to the front sidewalk. Ahhh, no, I'm *not* shoveling them out! Besides, hardly anyone uses that door! LOL


Here's the front porch...the sidewalk is somewhere to the right of those two pointy snow cones (which are Alberta Spruce). If you look closely, you can see the snow on the front porch is about waist deep. And...notice that it's still snowing! Yup, I didn't even realize it was still snowing until I came back inside and downloaded these pictures!


A little more manageable sidewalk to clean off. HA! This is what we call the "boardwalk"...I shoveled it last night, Bill shoveled it at 5 a.m. and Billy shoveled it at 2 p.m. When I came home at 3:30 p.m. it was completely drifted shut! Yes, completely drifted...level with that solar light you see on the right-hand side of this picture!

2 Comments:

At 2/14/2007 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Cool snow pics, Denise! You guys got it really bad, eh? Well, if it makes you feel any *better*, I think we got about the same as you. (misery loves company?) My knees feel like jello from all of the activities of the day. BUT, we actually tucked in the Explorer and old truck into the garage! LONG overdue! I love snow, but I guess it might be a bit better if it came a "LITTLE" at a time, as opposed to getting DUMPED on!!! OR, if it would have done this on Christmas Day!!!

 
At 2/16/2007 06:05:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I think we should all get together and do a "spring" dance, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home