Friday, January 19, 2007

April's Candles


Some of you might know that my sister makes candles. Just something she dabbles in as a hobby; using mostly craft store supplies. I'm forever adding candle-making things to my soap supply orders for them. Above are some of the candles she's made for me. This year's Christmas present was the big three-wick chunk candle along with the matching square pillar. Last year was that cool slab candle in the bottom left of the picture. Wayyy cool! We keep our jars from Home Interior, PartyLite, Home and Gardens and Yankee candles and she reuses them for some very pretty and unique jar candles. What I like best is she keeps refilling my Longaberger holiday crocks for me! BTW, that's her (on the left) and me (one the right) in that picture sitting amongst the candles...that pic is about 10 years old.

2 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Oh, how I wish I had a candlemaker in my family! They are really beautiful, Denise! Only problem I see is they have never been LIT!!!!

 
At 1/21/2007 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Wow, those are really cool! but why are they still "whole"??????????????????
A candle doesn't survive past an hour once it enters this house, lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home