Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rambling Vines and Rambling Thoughts


Hmmm, I wasn't even going to do a picture with this post...then I remembered the hapazard rambling hops vine that I still haven't tied up...and the spearmint that is overtaking the entire garden! This was taken a few weeks ago...and now you can see no rocks at all...none!

It's been a long week...lots of working overtime even though we have very few parts in the building to inspect. Honestly, I can not figure out how they think! Convoluted is the best word to describe it. They laid 17 people off on Thursday...called five of them back Friday morning...and told another ten to call on Tuesday! Just doesn't make sense to me. Sooo, I have 20 hours of OT on the next pay check...and just in time for a trip to my sister's house!

Yup, it's that time of year...time for the annual mother-daughter-grandson Harrisburg shopping trip. I asked off the 1, 2, and 3 of June. I'm picking mom up at 8:30 and we're heading down to meet April for some greenhouse shopping and eating. Billy is coming down at dark. He and his new girlfriend are spending the last day of school together. Billy is finished with school for the year at 9 a.m. and she goes until 10 (different schools). Then they are meeting one of Billy's friends and his wife and all four are going to an afternoon movie and supper before he heads down to my sister's. He hates greenhouse/plant shopping...so he's skipping out on all the how-many-plants-can-you-fit-into-one-car fun! Seriously, one year we had so many plants that Bill had to come down and take some home on Saturday!!!

My goals for today included, a trip to the bank, post office, grocery store, dollar store, car wash...and some yard work that included tying up that miserable rambling hops vine, yank out some of that peppermint, plant the garden (the vegetable garden), mow the yard and the field. Well...I got the lawn mower out...got the whole way around the yard ONCE and it started raining. It's still raining! Sooo, I did laundry and cooked up a storm! Right now we're getting ready for a wiener roast...yes, in a soaking wet yard with a tiny bit of drizzle! Hey, I'm only letting the weather ruin *some* of my plans!

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2007 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Ah, Denise, I LOVE your attitude! I am also one who says IF it dares to rain on MY parade, I will don my RAINCOAT!!! hehehee Sounds like you had quite a busy day planned.

I so envy those who have sisters. I only have two brothers, and we are all so different! Ah well. Now, I wish I lived closer to my parents. I so miss seeing them, and how I wish my kids spent more time with them. Ah well, again.
So good to see you blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home