Sunday, May 13, 2007

Landscape Walk

The sidewalk going up to the front door. This is mostly unused and the steps need redone, but the phlox are georgous! Ahhh, don't ask about that rock laying in the middle of the sidewalk. Oreo has a nasty habit of carrying rocks around in her mouth...and yes, she was outside with me when I was taking these pics!


Here's a better view of the phlox...this is taken standing in my driveway. 12 years ago, when I did this landscaping, these were in four inch pots. I never dreamed they would get so large. This is my favorite part of the landscaping...when these are blooming!


My new tulip bulbs are blooming. The first ones...the little tiny red ones that come up with the crocus...well, Oreo ate all the buds off of those! These were a little farther back in the flower bed and she couldn't quite reach these! LOL


And the lilac bush. This poor thing has been moved twice and frozen back last year. It budded out nicely last spring and was frozen so badly it never bloomed...so I was delighted to find flowers on it! This is my favorite flowering tree/bush/shrub...reminds me of my Grandma's house. She had the old fashioned lilacs that were huge. I mean, huge...bigger than Bill's motorcycle shed!

2 Comments:

At 5/13/2007 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Denise! Happy Mother's Day!!

 
At 5/15/2007 08:05:00 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Oh Denise, I love all the beautiful flowers! You must be enjoying all of the color so much!I love lilacs so much, although they "still" ring a bittersweet note...when I was only a little girl, the boy across the street was climbing in one of those enormous lilac bushes. He lost his footing, and was found hanged in the bush. I was so terrified of lilacs for a long time because of that. I have two small bushes...both white. I would love to have one of the double dark purple ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home