Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday Dessert


March is *not* my month! Look what I did to the wonderful Bittersweet Chocolate Bundt Cake I made last night! I went to flip the cake out onto the plate and my hand went numb (the one with the dislocated thumb) and the plate slipped, so did the cake...it ended up on top of the stove in crumbs! OK, mini fit...deep breath...scoop, plop, scoop, plop...deep breath...think..."what the hell, it's still eatable" Then I made the glaze! This is now officially Sunday Supper Dessert! Is it April yet???

If you are interested in the recipe, it's here:
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/cake/bittersweet_chocolate_pound_cake_recipe.html

4 Comments:

At 3/18/2007 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Frances said...

June sounds even better. Is that your knitting thumb?

 
At 3/18/2007 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

LOL, yup, it's the thumb that holds the needles together. Mom's comment about the cake... "My goodness I'm not even sure how to cut it." Bill burst out laughing and said, "Just slide it onto the stove and then onto a plate; that worked for her." Damn smart ass!

 
At 3/19/2007 07:22:00 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Oh Denise!!! How absolutely funny! I have gone to great lengths before, trying to attempt the PERFECT cake, and mine ended up looking JUST like that!!! Bet it was good, so....who cares how it looked, right? Scoopable Sunday Cake. All it needed was a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and I woulda eaten it! (not a huge fan of chocolate...shhhh, don't tell anyone!)

 
At 3/26/2007 02:56:00 AM, Blogger Duane and Nancy said...

Oh, a cake!

I thought it was some kind of giant toad at first.

You mean you actually shared with the family? In my kitchen, I automatically get to eat any and all crumbs. I leave the raw dough to my wife and kids though.

At least it didn't end up on the floor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home