Sunday, March 25, 2007

IT'S SPRING!!!

...and about damn time! :) It was so nice yesterday morning...I took Oreo for a walk. She ran around the back yard like a barrel-racing horse. She literally thundered past, spraying water and mud everywhere! A little while later, after she was calmed down (aka, tuckered out), we went out in the front yard and took pictures of *my* signs of spring!

1st attempt...Oreo is going, "What in the world is Mommy looking for?"


"Hmmm, I'll just sit here and wait for her to find it. I think she's lost her head this time!"




More of my spring flowers...my early daffs actually have buds on them. Honestly I do not know how they did this in two days of no snow cover. Apparently they were growing under nearly a foot of snow! And on the right, here's some weird tulips I planted in November...and it looks like a big white crocus bud. As you can see, I never got around to leaf raking last fall. We had some terrible fall weather...I think it was fall-like for only three days...the rest of the time it was a cold rain. Anyway, looks like the bulbs survived!

3 Comments:

At 3/25/2007 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Frances said...

Well I hope it is Spring because I'm also sick of snow and winter! I love looking at my beginning daffs and the rounds of crocus sprouting up. This fall I want to plant LOTS of bulbs.

 
At 3/26/2007 03:03:00 AM, Blogger Duane and Nancy said...

I won't tell you that we've only shoveled a light snow off the walk and drive about, ummm, lets see, a total of maybe three times? Nope, I won't tell you that.

Reading past posts, I see you've kept to your usual busy schedule. I'm glad I'm old and don't have that energy so i can honestly enjoy my afternoon naps.

Don't you just love the first sight of spring? I loved going out and seeing the first buds on the roses, the greening of the iris, the ground starting to bulge upward as daffodils begin pushing aside their soil blankies.

And don't worry about raking in the fall, it soon snows and covers it for all the winter when no one sees it, right :)

 
At 3/26/2007 09:11:00 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Aw Denise, that Duane...what a TROUBLEMAKER!!! hehehehe I love our four seasons...each distinct. Winter is great because it makes the heart long for spring. (and mud?) Oreo is just getting prettier and prettier. She probably does think you are nuts, but that is OK. I love looking for the signs of spring too. And you should see the leaves that pile up under our back deck. Rake em in the fall and then again in the spring AFTER the snow melts...takes forever as this is on the north side of the house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home