Sunday, September 03, 2006

Knitting --- Yup, I'm still Knitting

Well, whenever I find the time! It's slow going, but I'm determined to get all my pre-job planned Christmas presents knitted! :)

BUT, first is this baby blanket. I started it a few weeks before I started working...currently, it's a 1/4 of the way done. I think I posted this picture before...but here's the begining of it...

The blanket part itself is more than 1/3 finished...not quite half...but then there is the four inch mitered border that going to take awhile! :) This blanket is for our new neighbor; she is due in October. And, I also want to make her 4 year-old son a rainbow colored scarf. Here's a close up of the basket weave pattern. It's pretty and a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just knit and purl! ;)

4 Comments:

At 9/03/2006 04:01:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

The power of suggestion! I just know you're working on getting me to try knitting! *snort*
Very pretty Denise! and what a nice neighbor you are! : )

 
At 9/04/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oooh pretty! I'm still trying to finish #2 child's slippers for preschool. Jackie in Vegas helped me redo that pattern (you remember the Bethany Booties one from Berroco) a couple of months ago and I got one made and haven't had time since. They are also in a pretty purple colour. Wonder if I can get that slipper started and finished by Wednesday?! Not likely!!

 
At 9/16/2006 07:23:00 PM, Blogger JackieSoap said...

Gosh Denise...and you just learned to knit HOW LONG AGO!!! :) You rock! It's so pretty!!
Jackie

 
At 9/17/2006 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I tried learning to knit once from my great aunt, but she gave up and said I was hopeless! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home