Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Home Stretch...of Summer

Sweet Autumn Clematis is just beginning to bloom...I let these ramble wherever they want, no pretty trellis for them. This one is crawling over the rock wall we have up by the road. Oh, and notice the newly fallen leaves in the area behind the rock wall. Autumn really is coming quickly! I mowed the grass this evening and the crickets are everywhere!

FINALLY, I got a Grandpa Ott Morning Glory to bloom! I was beginning to think these were never going to make it this season...the very first one bloomed on Monday. I love these things and can't believe it was still blooming this afternoon when I got home from work at 3:15...had to be the dark, overcast day and the cooler temps, right?

And, what is Summer's End without a bright Sunflower? This one is a volunteer in my garden...must be the birdseed... Check out those two happy bumblebees...I didn't notice them when I took the picture...I really did a double-take when I downloaded it!

4 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Denise,
I LOVE the morning glory...it looks like it is illuminated! That is too cool!!! And the sunflower pic is wonderful...a bumble paradise!!! Hope you are enjoying the cool temps...I sure am! This morning, it felt "dampish" in the house, and I made the first small fire in the stove of this season.
Oh, and I have noticed some of the trees dropping a lot of leaves already. Amazing, and I guess a reminder that the seasons do pass quickly!

 
At 8/31/2006 06:41:00 AM, Blogger Donna in Louisiana said...

Oh Denise, those morning glories are beautiful. Down south they reseed for years, all over your yard. I planted a Grandpa Ott about five years ago and still get plants ALL OVER THE YARD every year. LOL. The sunflower is great also.

 
At 8/31/2006 08:53:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Gorgeous Denise!
I just love all three pics! those mg's are so pretty!
I used to have an autumn clematis but it just up and disappeared one year.
Isn't it funny when you upload pics and find bugs you didn't notice when taking it?

 
At 9/02/2006 03:12:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

Thanks Ladies... Glad you all liked the pics. Kae, I agree, that morning glory looks illuminated! Donna, sometimes mine reseed themselves too, not as often as my sisters (she's one growing season warmer than we are). And, Becky, bugs amuse me...they seem to show up in the weirdest places! This morning in Billy's cereal bowl from last night's bedtime snack, there were two ants!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home