Friday, August 11, 2006

Weeds...well, some of the Nice Ones!

Queen Ann's Lace...is my favorite wild flower around here. As kids, we use to pick this and put it in a tall vase of food colored water...they sucked up the food coloring and were beautiful!

Chickweed...what's not to like about this very determined plant? Well, it's pretty invasive in certain situtations, but it's easy to kill...and besides, you can eat it and infuse it in oil for herbal remedies! Good thing I make herbal stuff! :)

1 Comments:

At 8/12/2006 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I love QAL too! we used to do the food coloring thing too, come to think of it, don't know why I haven't lately, I'll have the kids pick some later!

What a nice area of chickweed, it's become harder to find around here, probably because DH ripped so much of it out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home