Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Knitting

Sis's Sweater if FINISHED! Don't look April! :))

All done...and laid out in the best Disco dance pose I could think of!

Isn't this the coolest "gift" box? It's a lined wicker basket with a covered lid! I was looking for something like a hat box for her to store her sweater in...gotta keep my Niece's white and orange fur off the pretty dark green sweater! I found this basket at Michael's...on clearance for only $7!

Here's an upclose of the neck line and the yoke pattern. She loves cables and I was so intimidated by them...this was easy! Much eaiser than that blasted double moss stitch center pannel!

You know...getting a job really cuts down on computer time! I can't beleive it's been this long since I've updated my blog! I have been planning some Christmas presents...knitted ones. I placed a few orders and am almost ready to get started...but first, a baby blanket for a little girl due in October.This color is a bit darker than I wanted; almost the same shade as Barney! It wasn't this dark on the monitor when I ordered it...the color name is "wisteria". Now, I love wisteria...and I've never seen any this shade of purple...well, at least not around here!

and the Christmas present yarn...a pair of felted clogs for mom; a kitty bed for my "niece" and four throw pillows; two each for my aunt and my MIL. Guess I better get knitting. Oh...and I forgot...a lace shawl for my sister...I wonder where I put that yarn? It came in this box...here's hoping MY cat didn't find it! It's a fluffy angora/cashmere...at $25 a skein...that blasted AC had better not have found it! Phew, I see it...sitting on the rocking chair...must have fallen out of the box! You know, I honestly don't know how they cram that much yarn in the box. This stuff was wedged in and packed down. As soon as I cut the strapping tape, the box flaps popped right up and the yarn came swelling out the opening! I swear it was screaming, "me, me...knit with me first!"

5 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 08:33:00 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Oh Denise!
You are inspiring me to get knitting. I am STILL sulking about not finding the grape pattern I lost a couple of years ago. I think I have finally resigned myself to taking apart the front panel so I can knit it into something else. I love the sweater, and that box! Cool! I hardly ever shop, so I love seeing all the neat things other folks find!!!

 
At 8/03/2006 07:55:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The green sweater is beautiful, excellent job. Don't know how you cram so much into your day, and not be too tired to knit.
I think someone invented a yarn squisher machine, so the packages get packed tight like that.

 
At 8/03/2006 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

The sweater turned out wonderful! Yay!
Love that gift box!

p.s. you're going to have to set aside blogging time each day, I have been checking for an update every time I come to the computer, lol

 
At 8/03/2006 09:05:00 PM, Blogger Frances said...

Hi Denise, I LOVE that sweater. I remember when it was only an idea!!! Your sister is a lucky lady!!!

 
At 8/04/2006 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh Denise, the sweater is beautiful! I love it. Great job. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home