Friday, July 21, 2006

Soap & Flowers

Soap! Yes, I'm still making soap...just not as often as usual. I think that has something to do with the 500+ bars in the basement. Business seems to have come to a drastic halt. I don't know what is causing it; I'm always super slow in the summer...but this is ridiculous! These are the bars I made at the Girl Scout demo. I gave them bars of soap that was already cured. I didn't think it wise to give uncured soap to the younger set of kids (the GS were between Kindergarten and 5th grade). So, I made some of my Christmas soaps for the demonstration. I've gotta admit, I was worried about carting the hot, molten (as in gel-stage) around in the car, but it worked out just fine. And check out these swirls...the best ones I've ever done. Guess I need to slow down and talk out loud while making it! :) The green and white is scented with Brambleberry's Holiday Candy; the brick and white is scented with Brambleberry's Sleigh Ride.

I have no idea what this plant is...but I bought three of them and planted them in a hanging basket. The rains and hail completely flattened the pot, and I gave it up for dead. But look what Mother Nature did...brought it back from the center. NOW, it's even more beautiful than before. This plant has a cute story behind it. My sister and I was shopping for annuals (one of our yearly get-togethers; she comes home and I haul her around to all my favorite greenhouse haunts...then I go down to her house and she hauls my butt to all of her favorites... ANYWAY...I was looking and looking, she had to pee and I kept looking. Finally she gave me *the* look; the I GOTTA PEE NOW look...so we left in a hurry and went to the nearest bathroom...THEN we went back and bought these plants! She's always doing this to me... {{love ya, Sis}}

This is a plant from my Aunt's house. Her whole yard was landscaped with NO grass to mow! You gotta love that thought! I hate mowing grass! Anyway, I can't remember which variety this plant is...but it's a coreopsis. I know she gave me two of them; one was called Moonbeam, but I think that one is white? She use to raise African Violets and was a floral judge for huge shows.

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2006 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is your sister still speaking to you are posting her bathroom needs for the whole world to see?
The plants are beautiful. I can't help identify any of them, but they are very pretty, whatever they are.

 
At 7/21/2006 03:37:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

The hanging basket looks like those million bells, can't remember the real name. Very pretty! love that coreopsis!

 
At 7/23/2006 08:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your soap look so cool, I keep thinking about starting to make soap myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home