Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sis's Sweater


Well, the neckline is done and looks good... I spent three hours last night trying to pick up the sleeve stitches...still don't have that done. There are exactly 52 stitches on the edges...but the pattern says to pick up 70. Now were in the hell are those extra 18 stitches suppose to come from? I'm seriously debating on pickin gup 52 and then increasing every 2-3 stitches on the next row to get my 70. Hmmm, wonder if that'll give me a normal looking sleeve or one of those 80's balloon-sleeves? Guess time'll tell...stay tuned! :)

Oh and the climatis is lovely...but I'm *not* waking up a puppy to take pictures of that...I'll do that later too!

3 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 09:11:00 AM, Blogger Coarine said...

the neck line looks great, you would never know that you had to add 18 or so stitches ... and what a great shade of green!!

 
At 7/18/2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Looks beautiful Denise, I of course can't help with the stitches, but can lend moral support as to whether it looks good or not, LOL!
Go get it girlie!

 
At 7/19/2006 07:57:00 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I HATE picking up stitches. BUT, what I do is divide the opening into 4 parts. Then divide by the number of stitches to pick up. So, in this case, by the time I got to the end of the first quarter, I would need to have 18 stitches on the needles. Does that make sense? Sometimes you do need to put stitches where you think you cannot. The coneflower pics are gorgeous! I think I only have one coneflower open so far!!! Darn that big ole bleeding heart!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home