Monday, July 03, 2006

Knitting...yes, I'm still doing that! :)

They're done! These are the Fortissima 1776 yarn. My goal was to have them done for the 2nd of July...and I did it! Actually, I finished them on June 28th.

And they are IDENTICAL! I ended up cutting the yarn twice to *force* them into being identical...but, hey, that's half the fun, right? :)

And my next project is a wash cloth for my sister. She'll probably use this for decoration...so I'll make a second one without all the fancy desgin. I'm making it match her bathroom; sage and lavender. The pattern is a slip stitch basketweave pattern. I've already done this pattern once, so it's pretty easy this time around.

And...another birthday present for my sister...socks! The yarn is Sockotta by Plymouth; it's a brown and cream tweed...reminds me of those Sock Monkeys my grandma use to make! Although I had to promise my sister that I wouldn't put in red heels and toes! I have the skein wound into two balls and have the needles all ready. I'll cast these on sometime in the next day or two. I'm chaperoning a trip to Kennywood (and amusement park near Pittsburgh) for my son's marching band...and I want some mindless knitting to do on the 3 hour bus ride down. Reminder to self; pack knitting, extra drinks, lots of extra-strength Tylenol and ear plugs! :)

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 06:02:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

They turned out great Denise! I don't know how hard it is to get them to be identical, but I imagine it's a bit difficult, they are so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home