Friday, June 23, 2006

4th of July Scoks


These are knitting up pretty fast considering I'm using size zero needles! Actually I've been kinda obsessed with knitting on these...everytime I sit down I knit a bit. These are only going to the ankle bone, then then a tiny rolled cuff...kinda like those footie socks from the late 70's. Come on, you remember...the ones with those little balls on the back!!!

Wanna have some fun? Go grocery shopping in the middle of a huge thunderstorm! Beaver Drive flooded (I think the correct term in "water ponding on roadways") and...the best part...the electric went out in Martin's grocer store! Yup, there we were standing at the deli counter and all of a sudden we were in the dark! Yes, I'm serious...total darkness for about 15 seconds...then their emergency lighting came on. I was impressed...no one screamed! Two cash registers were working, so everyone kept on shopping. Boy was it ever quiet! The employees were joking around, so were most of the customers. It was a hoot!
I was doing my grocery shopping and Cathy was tagging along...Martins was my last stop and then we were going to get gas and eat. Well, now, where do you eat when the electric is out???? AND...important lesson for the day...gas pumps need electric to work! We decided to go to Eat and Park to see if we could get the salad bar. Well, we get out on Beaver Drive...get up to the Pontiac dealer and notice lots of lights and signs all lit up! Yup, that half of the Boulevard had electric...so did the entire mall side of DuBois...just the west side of town was out! Soooo, we ate at the Italian Oven! AND, I got gas at the Sheetz on the B-line! Yup, an interesting payday!

Tomorrow night I'm helping the Band Boosters with their fundraiser...I'll be running the Bungee Run at the Independence Festival in town. I'll lay out my camera and see if I can get some pictures...of the kids being idiots! :)

3 Comments:

At 6/24/2006 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Enquiring minds want to know? what's a Bungee Run? Can't wait to see the pics! Don't forget the camera! (lol)

 
At 6/24/2006 01:11:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

Now how did I know, Becky, that you would ask? :) It's this big inflateable thing like a bounce house. The kids (or adults) are tied to a bungee cord and they have to run up their ramp to the end to ding a bell or something...there is also a $5 at the end they can have if they make it that far and grab it. Get a bunch of middle schoolers together and it is a total riot! It's the fundraiser for the Band Boosters...everyone pays a buck for the chance to run it. It has two or three places so the kids can race against each other too.

 
At 6/24/2006 01:31:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oh man! I SOOOOOOOO want to give that a try! I think I've seen that on Funniest Videos or something before now that you described it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home