Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Billy's Adventure -- not really, but still!

This is Billy's car...1994 Saturn...just a few days ago. Below is a pictrure I took this morning of Billy's car...after hitting a deer! He did this yesterday, on his way home from Scout camp. As you can see...the only damage to the car is the missing driver's mirro and the windshield. The deer ran across the road, and...I'm guessing...jumped right into the side of Billy's car.


If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can actually see deer hair around the molding near the missing miror. The windshield is pushed in so far the inside layer of glass broke and is scattered all over the interior of the car. The kid did good...kept a cool head, kept the car on the road, got slowed down and pulled off the roadway safely. No one was hurt, except for the deer. The new windshield is ordered and the car has an appointment with the glass guy on Thursday afternoon. The kid has had his driver's license since May 31st...has gotten stopped for a burned out license plate light on MY car...and now this deer. He's learning fast!

AND...in case you are wondering about my knitting... :)


Here's those 4th of July socks I'm working on...I really don't see these being finished before the 2nd like I want...but, they are still fun! This yarn is Fortissima 1776 and has a folk-artsy look to it; hence the pinkish white part of the yarn. These are done back to the beginning of my arch...so maybe I will get them done in two weeks...you think???

And then there's the silly cat...I was dyeing seat belts today (don't ask, that's another post!) and she stole my pile of towels. I was picking them up and using them one by one...when I tried to grab the last one she growled at me! Yup, she had made a nest out of it...she's still sleeping in it!

5 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 02:24:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Hey, the pop-up works so I can remembe what I'm commenting about! yay! : )
First, yikes! the car looks worse in *person*, what are the chances of that happening so soon after getting his license!?! so glad only the car was hurt.
Those socks are awesome! since I don't knit, I have no idea if they'll be done in time, *grin*
I can't believe your cat growled at you, too funny!

 
At 6/20/2006 02:24:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Well, now if I can only type right, you all know there is supposed to be an 'r' at the end of remember, *snort*

 
At 6/20/2006 03:40:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

bikini top...don't laugh but I think the same thing! Last night when I was at knitting, I was all scrunched up in a lounge chair on the deck...I laid them down on my ample midriff, looked down and started laughing. When I'm only knitting one sock at a time, you should hear what Bill thinks I'm making!

 
At 6/21/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger cathych said...

I never knew you made soap. do you sell it? i love homemade soap.....

 
At 6/21/2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

Yup, I do sell it... Been doing this as a hobby for the past 7 years or so. No website...just a few craft shows and a handful of repeat customers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home