Sunday, June 18, 2006

Soap Making

As some of you know, I make soap...and I've been making soap ... Saturday I made several batches. I've been making a spa-like bar for my sister, and did this in two different scents. What's in my spa bar, you ask? Well, sea salt and moore mud...you know, the *hot* items in spas! :)

Here's the spa bars for my sister. The three lighter colored ones, with the prettier color distribution are scented with an essential oil blend, the other two are a suntan like scent. The whiteish part is the salt soap and the gray part contains the moore mud. Salt soap is very hard and needs cut while it is still warm or it crumbles.


I also made my sister a coconut scent for her birthday present. Cold Process soap takes 4-6 weeks to cure after making it...so I've got just enough time before her August birthday. These are done with a scent called Island Coconut from one of my favorite suppliers; Brambleberry. This swirl is much nicer and cleaner. I colored part of the soap with bronze mica and swirlled it into the white. This smells wonderful! I wish they made scratch-and-sniff blogger! :)

2 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 08:56:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I think I almost cried when you said they'd be ready for her b-day in August, the summer's going to fast! wah!!!!!!!
p.s. I can smell the soaps from here and they smell de---------vine! : )

 
At 6/22/2006 05:55:00 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

The soaps look lovely on my screen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home