Thursday, June 08, 2006

Becky Asked For These!

These "yellow flags" (as my mom calls them) were *stolen* from her grandmother's gravesite before they moved the headstones to the other side of the grave.

These were suppose to be dark burgandy on the falls, creamy pink on the uprights and a bright gold in the center with an orangy fuzzy things (I think I need a crash course on flower anatomy! LOL). But, they kinda mellowed out over the years. But they are still pretty!

These are some old-time white iris that my dad's mom had growing at the farm homestead. My aunt took these with them when they moved in 1969 (after my grandpa died). These ones came from my Aunt's garden about 10 years ago. I really need to divide this patch. These are huge flowers, the size of a bread-and-buter plate.

This is my favorite...I can't remember exactly what it was called but Sultan's Night is what sticks in my head. In real life it looks darker than in this photo. Amazing how they photograph differently than the naked eye sees them!

This is my sister's favorite; a rusty peach color.


This one is pale blue...didn't show up that way, looks more purplish to me in this photo.

Let's see...I had a lime green one and one that was supose to be black...but neither of them winters over well...I've replanted them three or four times over the years. So, I've given up! LOL

3 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Ooooooooooh, I love them! I especially like the bottom blue/purple ones.
They're all so purty, I like the peach one too! I don't know if my comments will go through, bloggers being a booger right now, I've been trying to comment for the past hour!
I'm a glutton for punishment, I planted 6 more cell packs the other day of cukes, yellow squash, yellow patty pan and green patty pan.

 
At 6/10/2006 09:35:00 AM, Blogger Frances said...

OH Denise what a treat for the eyes these flowers are! You must want to stay outside loking at them over and over!

 
At 6/10/2006 09:36:00 AM, Blogger Frances said...

when you see loking instead of looking in the previous post you can see how tired I am!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home