Wednesday, June 14, 2006

More Socks


Well, the cuffs are getting longer...but the yarn balls are NOT getting smaller! LOL I was going to knit up almost all of this yarn in this pair of socks...but the cuffs are just about where I want them; longer than I orginally wanted them, but they fit very well.


I couldn't stand it...I laid down the STR yarn and picked up the Fortissima 1776 and cast on another pair of socks! I hope to have these done before July 1st. On the 1st, my sister and her hubby will be home and we're having fireworks and a huge weiner roast at our parents...the 2nd is my mom's family reunion and I really want to wear them there. That is also the desginated date for Bill to have the Mustang finished...at least finished enough to drive!

6 Comments:

At 6/14/2006 09:35:00 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said...

You put down STR for something else??!! Why on earth would you do that?

 
At 6/15/2006 08:55:00 AM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

LOL, yup! I love working with that yarn, it's my favorite! But the 4th of July is looming and I want my 1776 socks to wear to the family reunion! :) I'll tell you, that STR yarn has me spoiled...I hate working with the Fortissima! Hate it with a passion! I can't wait until I'm done with the toe increases, they are a...well...tough!

 
At 6/15/2006 08:55:00 AM, Blogger L. said...

Denise, nice job on the socks, they're lovely!

How do you get your pics sized so nicely with blogspot? Mine come up either too big or too little. I especially like the way yours look framed?? Check mine out....I'm from PA also.

 
At 6/15/2006 09:26:00 AM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

I think it has something to do with the template you use. Mine were
awful when I first started. The larger pics are "medium" and the
smaller ones are "small"...a choice when you upload your pics.

 
At 6/15/2006 03:46:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

About the pics, you can also get a free acount at photobucket.com, upload your pics and resize them there. You can also post the pics from there right to your blog, : ) You can see what my pics look like on my blog, I use photobucket to host them and keep the space used off blogger.

 
At 6/15/2006 04:59:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

Ahhh, I wondered how Becky got a much more refined border on hers! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home