Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's Raining (again)...

Will it ever stop raining? We've been getting rain about 4 to 5 days a week. Let me tell you...this is getting OLD fast! Anyway, I got miserable and went outside with the camera anyway! Yes, those bull-head genes run in the family. Sorry, Sis! :)

AC, cautiously emerging from the comfrey plant
AC had a small problem this morning...small, as in a 15 pound puppy named OREO. First of all, let me establish that AC and Oreo do NOT like each other. In fact, that's a huge understatement! Oreo would just *love* to get AC...but AC, well, being a cat, she's a bit unsociable. And, when you factor in the Feline vs Canine thing...well, she's REALLY unsociable!

AC had came inside for her breakfast, and wanted to play the "in and out" game; also know by Bill as the "revolving door". So, I propped the screen door open a bit and came back to the computer. Bill was in the garage with Oreo visiting with his dad. Apparently they got seriously involved in something and Oreo escaped...straight to the house! She found the back door open and came tearing inside... AC went frantic, tore through and around the kitchen, knocked over the garbage can, a chair, and her water and food dishes! She was all puffed up to 3 or 4 times her size and growling like a cornered wolf. Now, Oreo thought this was just great...a real fun chase...until the food dishes got tipped over...then she decided it was snack time! That's when I made it to the kitchen . As soon as AC saw me, she dove to safety, past Oreo through the still-propped-open back door! Now, Oreo was a filthy muddy mess and so is my kitchen! At least AC cleans herself before entering! LOL

I got Oreo out of the cat food, and sent her back to the garage to Bill. I noticed how nice it looked outside with the water beaded on all the plants...so I got the camera and went to take these pictures. I found AC hiding under the comfrey bush. She watched very cautiously as Bill Oreo put on a leash and half dragged her back to the garage (she was trying to track AC into the comfrey and Echinacea patch). And, she slowly came up on the bricks and kept watching to make sure Oreo stayed on the leash!

AC, still looking after Oreo

Dahlia pots blooming on the back porch
(notice the wet puppy and cat paw prints on the cement)

Echinecea, getting ready to bloom

More Echinaeca
(I have seven plants in this area with the comfrey; all are the normal old fashioned variety except for, one white and one is a "double decker")

What a morning! Can I go take a nap?!! :) I have dishes to do, a kitchen floor to clean (thanks to AC and Oreo) and lunch to get. Billy's band is coming and I promised them all home-made pizza. Oh, gee...wonder where I put the bread machine?

1 Comments:

At 7/15/2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oooooh, great pics!
No complaints here on the rain, we've been getting some every week or every other week so that makes it nice for the plants, hope you get a break soon!
Now, in the first pic, what plant is that to the left in back of AC? that is a great picture of her!
The dahlias are gorgeous, is that a strawberry bag/pot or are they all growing that tall?
I can't believe your coneflowers are just now opening!
Love the raindrops on the asparagus (I think that's what it is) in that one pic with AC looking for Oreo, too funny on their escapades!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home