Monday, September 04, 2006

Just some more Flowers

Some day soon, I promise, I'll take some interesting photos! BUT, for now, you're stuck with the remaining flowers in my garden!


This is my lone Celome... A volunteer in the aspargas patch. I have absoultely no idea how this plant/seed got there...but it did! I love these, and have grown them for years. I first seen them at the zoo in Erie, PA. I asked the landscapers about them and they gave me an envelope full of seeds to take home! This one is a tiny one...my mom's are as tall as me and have many brances and flowers on them.


And...my Rose of Sharon. This was a tiny little stick, about 12 inches long when it first came to live here. It's now a 10 foot high tree that is filled with these double ruffled blooms in late August and early September.

3 Comments:

At 9/05/2006 06:20:00 AM, Blogger Donna in Louisiana said...

I too love Cleomes. I had some several years ago, I don't know what happened to them. Hmmm may need to replant next spring.

I have a Rose of Sharon also, several to be exact. My husband's ex was Sharon, so I always call these the Rose of your ex wife, LOL.... And you just keep putting those flower pics up. I never tire of looking at flowers.

 
At 9/05/2006 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I love that rose of sharon! gorgeous!
I love spider plants too, but the ones that came up by themselves from seed this year never grew over 4 inches, they're pathetic!

 
At 9/07/2006 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Frances said...

I used to have a Rose of Sharon until Steven cut it down years ago to make a bow and arrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home