Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weeds & Vacation


OK...I've offically ingored the gardens since starting to work full time. And...by the looks of this picture, it's really starting to show! :( I guess I need to do some serious garden/landscaping work in the next week or so. BTW, this is suppose to be a blue rug juniper...apparently it got infested with thissel seeds! I didn't know thissels got this big around!

I'm just back from a mini vacation. Bill and I went to Erie, PA for our 21st anniversary. I have a few great pictures of Lake Erie I took from a private beach in New York state. Hey, we were driving around, going from winery to winery (in North East, PA) and ended up in NY...what can I say???!!! :) I'm downloading those now...and will try to post them in a day or two.

We had a blast...and only spent $50 on wine...and another $30 on locally made beer at a microbrewery. I managed to have enough patiences for Bill to stop at two different antique places....and he had patiences for me to go to the mall AND two knitting stores! :) He stayed in the car but won't admit to this part...but he took at nap at both knitting stores! We had some great food and fantastic desserts. Hmmm, I think I'm too tired to go to work tomorrow! :))

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 09:17:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

That IS some thistle! wowzee!
Sounds like you two had a fun time, so happy for you both, : )

 
At 10/02/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger JackieSoap said...

Happy Anniversary Denise and Bill!!! AND many, many more!!! LOL Hey, careful, your garden is starting to look like mine with those weeds!!
Jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home