Monday, October 02, 2006

Lake Erie

These pictures were taken in New York State. We drove from Erie, PA to North East, PA on Route 5 and then kept going for a ways...Bill spoted a road sign that read Rippley Beach Road. Sooo, down the road we went. At the end of this narrow dirt road was a grassy parking spot. The view of the lake was specatular...these pictures do not do the view justice. Of course, I bailed out of the car and headed to the lake...only to find myself on a clif 50 feet ABOVE the beach!


This is the first picture I took...I like the look of the trees in the forground...


But...Bill didn't...so here's the same pic, I took this one, leaning out around the trees that were on the cliff ledge with me.


Cool-looking berries on one of the trees.


I loved the determination of this tree; hanging on for dear life.


This was a little tiny ravine, with a trickling stream (I'm talking a few inches wide) down the center. naturally, me and my Crocs waded down the center and took a picture!


This one was taken standing that the opening of that ravine!


Ahhh, leaning waaaay out over the ledge, taking the picture, straight down!


Hmmm, what's that over there? A path? OK, I'm going over... You can see another small stream off to the bottom right of this picture...this one made a beautiful waterfall down the second (I didn't wade down this one!) ravine.

In this pic, I'm standing right beside the tree in the above pic. Leaning out over the edge...you can't see the waterfall very well, so, I leaned out farther and took the pic below!

Ahhh, there's the pretty waterfall!

OK...I'm running late...I'll post the last few pics (one of Bill) later... ;)


3 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Looks like my kind of place! what a strange spot for a waterfall, too cool!

 
At 10/10/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Beautiful!!! You're good with that camera. ;)

 
At 10/26/2006 09:39:00 PM, Blogger Jessica's DS said...

Absolutely amazing shots! It looks so pretty up there!

Jessica's DS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home