Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Next Big Project

Well, here it is! The much awaited sweater for my sister. She's been hinting at cables until she's blue in the face. Mostly, I've been adamantly refusing to learn. Although secretely I've been planning this sweater since November. Let's see...three attempts at casting on 142 stitches (all I'm saying is that, apparently, I can't count!); one completely knotted skein of yarn (let's say that I wasn't impressed!)...and I've got four rows of k1, p1 ribbing done. Ahhh, takes about 10 minutes to knit one round... I'm hoping to have it far enough along by next weekend to hopefully have an informal "fitting". And I suppose I outta do something about the knotted mess that should be a neatly rolled ball of Knitpick's Sierra. Hmmm, maybe Clare will help! She's got the most patiences of anyone I know! Trust me...this knotted skein is *way* beyond me! Hey, I could always take it to my sister next weekend...and say, "if you want your sweater finished, you unknot this mess...otherwise, it'll only have one sleeve!" LOL

2 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 06:31:00 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

It's going to be gorgeous. I love that color. I'm working on a coat in that color! Good luck!

 
At 4/15/2006 12:45:00 AM, Blogger cathych said...

oops, I was supposed to do the above post in this name, the other is what I use to post in my son's blog, hence the name "greatmom"!, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home