Saturday, July 07, 2007

Cruise In

Here's a couple pictures from the Cruise In we went to tonight. Kersey is a tiny town, has one bank, a post office, a gas station and one tiny privately owned *grocery* store. I mean Main Street is about 300 feet long! Seriously! Anyway, they have a huge community park with two soccer fields and one little league field. This is where they held the Cruise In at. Throughout the five hours they had over 100 cars register. Impressive for such a tiny area...and this was the first time they have done this. Pretty much everyone knew everyone; or at least they knew *of* everyone. We would walk past cars and Bill would know who owned it or who painted it or who restored it. It was fun getting to meet these people and put names with faces. And, pretty much everyone there knew my husband (the man really does get around, lol). They all wanted to know where his Model A pickup and his '68 Ford Ranger pick up were...they were surprised to find out that he brought *my* Mustang and both of his were still in storage! Onto the pictures!

This first one is for Jessica...as requested by her daughter, Tay...
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Sorry Jessica...but I like the original body style best! Lucy is much more *me* than this beast!

And this one...I took for my son. One of his favorite colors is lime green and he's *into* racing and building cars. I can't remember the year, but it *was* a Ford Fairlane. The woman owning AND racing this beauty is a 60-year old grandma! All I can remember is that it has 19 1/2 inch rear tires! Oh, and there was a fuel cell in the trunk!

1 Comments:

At 7/19/2007 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Oh, Denise, thanks for taking that picture for me! I bet it sounds great; I would see a ticket in my future if I drove that baby. :) I love it!! ~~Jessica~~~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home