Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Clare's Basketweave Dish Cloth


Wow, this pattern took me forever to figure out! Rows 1 thorugh 4 were easy...knit! Then Row 5 had you turning your work (before the end) twice, working back across it; essentially Rows 5, 7, 9, and 11 are (with the exception of the first and last three stitches) four rows each! It's interesting...and hard to keep track of. This took me a whole dang day to figure out! And to make it more confusing the pattern does not say to hold your yarn on the WS of your work when slipping stitches. That took me another couple hours to figure out why I didn't hae the basketweave pattern. The, after tearing out four inches because it didn't look right, I had a *lightbulb* moment... Ohhh, that little bar of yarn behind the slipped stitches, they have to all be on the same side so the basketweave shows! DUH! Anyway...that was the weekend...now I'm back on track. I wonder how many of these things she wants???

4 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger cathych said...

wow, that looks hard, whenever I knit a dishcloth, its the make-in-2-hours kind, lol!

 
At 5/17/2006 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Coarine said...

that is a really grat looking cloth ... i may have to give it a whirl (when i have a free set of needles).

 
At 5/17/2006 08:30:00 PM, Blogger Frances said...

Nice job Denise I only do the mindless kind BUT I might be tempted by these.

 
At 5/18/2006 06:17:00 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I have NO talent for this stuff. My great aunt tried to teach me, but gave up and said I was hopeless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home