Sunday, May 07, 2006

Porch Steps


1:00 p.m. Old steps tore off.

1:45 p.m. New steps in place!


3:00 p.m. Now they have a fresh coat of stain...

By the looks of it they are going to need another coat tomorrow...but for now, they are done! Bill even got a late start...he put together the new gas grill we bought last night.

The old gas grill was a Christmas present from my parents in 1987. Yes, I'm serious...it was 19 years old! It's had so many parts replaced I can't even keep track of them all. We've been limping it through the past two summers...each year saying we are going to get a new one. Each summer...no new grill! Well...fate took care of that this year!

I had a major problem cooking supper Thursday night... I bought steaks and wanted to grill them... As the grill heated, I was inside cutting up salad stuff...and I heard this loud smashing noise coming from the porch. Knowing the cat is a super-pest and I just put the glass
hummingbird feeder out a couple days ago...I figured she made a dive at a hummingbird and knocked the feeder off. In fact, she was running for her life, down through the yard. Hmmm, feeder is fine, so are the glass oil lamps/pots. I turned facing the grill...and saw what made the noise. The glass on the lid of the grill had exploded! Thank God the steaks were not
cooking...man, would I have been pissed then!

Sooo, clean up began...I knocked the rest of the glass out, took it out of the grill and off the lava rocks...and turned it back on. I was having those steaks; one way or another! ;) After supper I cleaned up the glass so the stupid cat wouldn't get in it. And THAT's what snowballed into the
massive porch clean up! Soooo....I'm was ready for the step replacement job that Bill sprung on me!

1 Comments:

At 5/08/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Oh LOL!!!!!!!!!
I want a new grill so bad, I still do the charcoal thang, *grin*
but also glad it wasn't the glass hummingbird feeder *snort*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home