Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Flowers


I've been blessed this year! First...one set of siblings I babysit brought me these lovely potted pruple tulips. My favorite flower is tulips! I have lots growing around the house...and always pick them to bring them inside. Now I have a whole pot inside! AND, the best part...I can plant these bulbs in my garden just as soon as they stop blooming. Lovely flowers for years to come!


Second...my son gave me $10 and asked me to pick myself out some flowers. I love making flower arrangements and messing with colors and textures for boquets. I searched all of DuBois on Friday night, didn't find anything that really begged to come home with me. Sooooo, I went to Walmart in St. Marys on Saturday afternoon. I found a lovely boquet of roses...ON CLEARANCE! These babies were perfect...starting to open up. Such an unusual color too...the inside of the petals are blood red...the outside is a kakki color. Very pretty and *different*. The boquet had 20 roses...one was a stem only...and three had their stems broken off right at the base of the flower. Those three buds are floating in a glass dish on my coffee table...the other 16 are in this boquet! Such a thoughtfull kid! :)

2 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Ooooooooh, those roses are absolutely gorgeous Denise! I don't think I've ever seen any quite like them!

 
At 5/18/2006 06:16:00 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I didn't get flowers this year, instead Randy and the kids took me to Altoona for a baseball game. :) Then to Outback Steakhouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home