Saturday, November 24, 2007

Horses of Gettysburg - my two favs

General James Longstreet...I found this monument by accident...Bill was looking for a bathroom. He parked in this grove of trees and I went for a walk.

Here's a close up...this is not telephoto lense use...I was actually this close to this monument. It was pretty close to life-size and that's a pretty descent sized horse he had! :)


This is a monument to one of the Virginia regiments...Bill rolled his eyes at stopping at this one. He was looking for the aformentioned bathroom when I spied a horse on top of this monument.

Here's the very top with the use of the telephoto lense and some pretty cool backlighting from the afternoon sunshine.

3 Comments:

At 11/28/2007 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I believe that's General Lee on Traveller.

Love Gettysburg!

 
At 11/28/2007 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Katya said...

Grr....when I commented here, Blogger ate the comment here, too!!!

I love horses, and these photos are fantastic!!!

I REALLY gotta go, eh?

 
At 11/28/2007 06:47:00 PM, Blogger Denise in PA said...

I thought it was Lee too. Until I read the info plaque with the monument. Here's some more info on it. http://www.virtualgettysburg.com/exhibit/monuments/pages/eq003.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home