Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Nantasket Basket update



Knitting is finished, felting is finished...just drying it out. Unfelted version on the bottom, felted is on the top. This is a birthday present for my sil. But I like them so much, I think everyone is getting them for Easter! Lord knows I have enough wool stash to make them! :) I did have some problems when binding off the handle, it just didn't join smoothly. I took a close-up pic of that, I'm going to try hand felting that join today in the sink. Hoepfully it will felt better and I can trim off some of the bulk. Right now you can still see a lot of the stitch definition...and I'm afraid it'll unravel if I trim it. Today I'm making tons of bath stuff for my craft show in two weeks. I just ran out of buttermilk powder...so we're going to the store, as soon as the babysitting kid's show is over. Never a dull moment in this house! :)

1 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger WHCounselor said...

Your Easter baskets look great! I tried one with a pattern out of Creative Knitting magazine and it just doesn't look so good. And my handles don't stay up! I tried the fancy version which was two handles twisted around each other. Any advice on how you did yours so successfully? thanks, love your blog too; I just started mine and am trying to figure out how to add links, progress bars etc.

www.rebeccas-knits.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home